Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Technician
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computers and Electronics
23511658

MY TC screen goes darker when on the TV mode but not in

Customer Question

MY TC screen goes darker when on the TV mode but not in cable mode.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: When I want to use the TV Apps button for subtitles when watching a series on Xfinity the screen goes darker (Not out) but if I change the Apps to cable (thus losing my subtitles)normal screen brightness comes on using the remote.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — TV Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 10 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the delay and thank you for your patience. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today. I am an Expert in the TV category. If you feel this is not the best category for your question, let me know and I will forward it to the appropriate group of Experts.

Please let me know if there as any additional information that you think might be pertinent to your question. If I don't hear back from you, I'll provide the best answer I can based on the information you've given so far. You will still be able to reply with additional information or questions at any point during our conversation, and I'll revise the my answer accordingly.

This is likely just related to the different picture settings for the different input. Try adjusting the picture settings when you are on the input that appears darker - settings on most TVs today are specific to the source so that when you change it for one source, it doesn't change the other. You can also try physically switching the cables from the sources on the back of your TV to test this.