Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Technician
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computers and Electronics
23511658

I have a Mitsubishi WD83727 (?) that keeps telling me it has

Customer Question

Hi Anthony. My name is***** have a Mitsubishi WD83727 (?) that keeps telling me it has detected a new device. There is nothing connected to the TV at this time. How do I get rid of this?
Category: TV
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 10 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the delay and thank you for your patience. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today. Please let me know if there as any additional information that you feel might be pertinent to your question. If I don't hear back from you, I'll provide the best answer I can based on the information you've given so far. You will still be able to reply with additional information or questions at any point during our conversation, and I'll revise the my answer accordingly.

It is most likely discovering a device on the network or a wireless device. You can check the network by disconnecting your router and seeing if the message goes away. If not, then the name of the device it is detecting might help to identify it. What does it say the name is?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Mike. The device changes based on on what I type in. The NetCommand "new device found" menu comes up. I select the exit button, then have to hit the activity button on my remote to get the tv to come back. I have nothing attached to my tv except my directv satellite. It started after we unplugged the tv for weeks when we left for vacation. When we plugged it back in now it's coming up with this. We used to have a Blu Ray player and a cd and a few other things attached but not any more. When the tv was originally installed 5+ years ago the installer programmed a bunch of stuff in so I want to know how to unprogram that stuff. We have a Mitsubishi 83727 or 82737 model TV. I'm not sure how to get to the NetCommand center to eliminate the unwanted stuff.

What is not you are typing in and where?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I'm not typing in anything. I have a DirecTV satellite attached to TV. TV is not currently attached to Internet in any way so it is not a problem with router. It is an issue with TV and the stupid NetCommand. The NetCommand screen keeps popping up. It says New Device Found for input1. But nothing is plugged into input1. I can't turn off input1 like I did all the other inputs because there is no OFF choice. The satellite is plugged into the HDMI1 port. Nothing else is plugged into the TV. How do I get it to stop asking for input1?

"Hi Mike. The device changes based on on what I type in"

That's the reference to typing I was trying to understand.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Sorry for misleading you on my previous response. As I mentioned in my last message, I don't "type" anything in. I press buttons based on what the selections are that come up on the TV. The internet is not a factor in this at all!!! No router, no nothing. It is just the TV and the NetCommand system built into it. Do you know anything about the NetCommand feature on a Mitsubishi TV?

Yes. I understand now. And what you are seeing is normal behavior. There is no way to turn off Input 1 - it is assumed that Input 1 will be used. I assume you will be connecting something to the TV?