Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I bought an Amazon Fire stick and plugged it into HDMI Port

Customer Question

Customer: Hi: I bought an Amazon Fire stick and plugged it into HDMI Port 4 on the side of the Panasonic Viera 65" 3D TV. Turned the TV on with the remote and tried to set it to Port 4 to initialize the Firestick. I am not able to change the setting on the TV to HDMI 4. It just stays at HDMI 1 None of the buttons in the remote c=will change it. What can I do to initialize the Firestick?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: That's pretty much it. The TV is 3-4 years old. DirecTV, the TV and Surround sound all run through a universal remote. Since the Firestick is not affiliated with the remote I am using the remote that came with the TV. It will turn the TV on but I can't change setting or see a picture.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — TV Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Please postback with the model number off of the back of the TV.

Reason being is some Panasonic sets actually need the Inputs "Named" or "Labeled" in order to be able to access them.

Additionally the Fire Stick also needs to be connected via USB to a power source in order to power up. Your TV will not let you access the port if there's not a signal detected.

Please first try this- Shut your TV off and unplug the Fire stick.

Make sure the micro USB port on the Fire stick is connected to either a USB port on the TV, or to a USB wall adapter for power.

Then plug the Fire stick into the TV's HDMI port (whichever port is available).

Turn the TV on after everything is connected and then look for the following button on the Panasonic remote:

TV/Video

Or

Input

If that does not work then I will need the full model number off of the back of the TV.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.