Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a philips hdr5750 unit comes with a remote control. i

Customer Question

hi i have a philips hdr5750 unit comes with a remote control. i can not sit facing the unit so i need a rf type of a remote my does this unit come with this type of remote?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems.

Philips does not offer an RF remote for this system- as it's IR-based (there's no RF receiver). However there are IR repeaters for low cost that will work just fine. You will put the IR receiver in front of where you are sitting, then the receiver connects to a box that repeats the signal and sends it to your soundbar. We use these commonly in installations where the equipment is located out of sight. The unit at the link below will work for what you want to do:

http://www.parts-express.com/wired-home-dbirx-infrared-repeater-system-kit-dual-band--180-701

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.