Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I have a 58l5400u toshiba tv, just a little over a year old.

Customer Question

i have a 58l5400u toshiba tv, just a little over a year old. satellite went out the other night and ever since i got it back on the tv is stuck on the last channel it was on when the satellite went out. reset the satellite box, reset the tv back to factory, still stuck. even tried a satellite box from another tv in the house. tv was then stuck on the last channel that satellite box was on.
any thoughts?
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 10 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

Thanks for the Question

This is a reboot

If you are watching through a satellite or cable box please re-boot the box by un-plugging the box from wallpower waiting 5 mins then re-plugging the box back in again, it would be a good idea to do the same with the TV at the same time

We find that in some cases a software drop-out in the box can lock up the box or the TV

Let me know how this works out please thank you, ***** ***** works out good please could you rate the answer positively with the rating bar that will be with this post thanks again.

Regards

Anthony

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I've tried to reboot everything, didn't work. I even tried a box from another tv in the house that was working fine. Still didn't help.

So you tried another box what happened when you done that?are you saying it was still stuck on last channel?that is odd because the channels COME from the box?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
when i tried the other box it was stuck on the channel that box was last one. for example, the first box was stuck on channel 5, the channel i was watching when it went out. when i hooked up the box from another tv it was stuck on the channel that box was last on, like channel 302. can't change channels or do anything except pull up the menu screen. dvd's will play and picture is normal. go back to tv and it is stuck on channel with a gray bar along the top and along the bottom.

But that box then works OK with another set?this is really bizzarre....you see the channels come from the box did you swap the box remote controls too?

You will need to do that because the remote may not be working

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
box works fine on other tv in house. i swapped the remote controls too. it's really bizarre.

OK can you change channel from the box ITSELF not the remote/

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
the direct tv boxes don't have any controls on them, just a power on button. no volume or channel buttons.

No they should have take another look there will be an option for that, if you do not see it get me the model number of the box please

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
ok, but i am not at home right now. i will have to check them out later tonight and follow back up.

OK let me know

How is this working out please?

Anthony