Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a magnavox HDTV 32 in. I need to push the power

Customer Question

I have a magnavox HDTV 32 in. I need to push the power button 15 plus time to have turn on . Now today I have push the power time and time again. I will see the digital Tv on the bottom of the tv for 1sec. then off. My tv downstairs is fine so it not the cable.Please help.
thank you ***** *****(###) ###-####*****@******.***
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

Hello, and sorry you're having problems. We are now connected on this website- which saves you money over having a Tech come to your home, and in many cases we can fix the problem you're having. In other cases, these things do require additional parts to fix. But I can help you with that as well.

What you're experiencing is a hardware failure occurring in this set- which is something we see commonly. What causes the set to need to be power cycled repeatedly in order to come on, are weak/failing capacitors on the power supply inside of the TV. Once they are cycled over and over, they generally come bac into the spec and then the TV is find until the next time it's shut off.

In order to fix this issue the power supply board in the TV needs to be replaced, which is on average a $200 repair on this set. Depending on how long you've owned it for- that same money may be better spent towards replacement versus repairs (a brand new 32" LED TV can be purchased for around $200 these days). However if you'd like you can use the link below to locate a shop in your area:

http://www.tvrepairpros.com

I'm sorry for the bad news on this one and I wish there were a quick fix.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

Please let me know once you are able to see my reply.