Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

We have an integra DTR 7.9 receiver running with a sonos

Customer Question

We have an integra DTR 7.9 receiver running with a sonos system. When have been experiencing a problem when we turn on the receiver. For the first 5 to 10 minutes it sends an incredibly loud sound to the speakers (popping and a really loud tone). If we let it warm up on mute or continue to turn it off and on it usually stops. Do we need a new receiver? Any suggestions? Thanks.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems.

In order to isolate this, I need to ask for more info,

Which Sonos system do you have? Is it the Sonos Connect box simply connected to the Integra receiver, or do you also have Sonos speakers connected?

That is the most important piece in troubleshooting.

Additionally, does the Integra have the same issue if you select a different source, such as the FM tuner, CD player, DVD player, etc.?

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Please review the above and once you reply back with those specifics, I can help you further.