Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Sanyo dp46841 powers up seconds then hear snap sound no

Customer Question

Sanyo dp46841 powers up for ten seconds then hear snap sound no power
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Is it more of a click, or a snap? Does this happen every time you try?
Is the light on the front solid or flashing?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Snap
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Power up normal lights up then after ten seconds snap sound lose light will not power up until cooled off
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Never mind do it online
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

So it does eventually power on normally? Or it just continues this cycle?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Continues cycle thermal issue
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Have you done any actual testing on it yet? Is that your intent? Or are you more looking for a diagnosis and repair estimate?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Replace main or power supply what test to do to confirm
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hearing a snap sounds like a power supply issue with a relay trying to engage but not able to complete.

You'd need to test the voltage outputs on the power supply board while trying to power on, to see if they match the indicated specs. If any are low/missing, replace the power board, if they are present, you'd replace the main board next.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Going to bed now will test tomorrow should I disconnect main board before testing psb
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

You can leave it connected to start because the main has to trigger the PS to try to start up. You don't necessarily have to see continuous voltages as long as it is outputting the indicated specs as it attempts to boot

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Iv tried that it doesn't stay powered up long enough to test everything
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

And it won't, but you can watch for a momentary spike to check each and work your way through.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
well im back testing power voltage done checked leads on one side all good having trouble getting values on ps side got to modify probes smaller
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

No problem, take your time.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
unsoldered audio chip on main board these allowed me to test ps board all voltages where good ordered and installed repair kit for main no help powers on picture comes on for about ten seconds green light goes off in about two mins try to restart it will not after extended period you can power up and get same cold start result
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the update. I'll need to opt out at this point. Do not reply or rate at this stage, and another expert will get in touch with you, and be able to see our prior conversation to continue on with you.