Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a Pioneer Elite 930 Plasma TV purchased in 2005.

Customer Question

I have a Pioneer Elite 930 Plasma TV purchased in 2005. Still looks great, but one of the
HDMI input connections on the back of the media receiver does not work, either because
the connection has been severed inside or for some other reason. Can this be repaired somewhere? Would it be expensive?
One other question: If I want to disable the TV's speakers and hook it up by way of using the optical output to the optical input of the soundbar, I should be able to get optimum sound since this pioneer can output Dolby Digital signals, right?? I have Time warner cable.
Thanks you..
Jack R., LA, Calif.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 10 months ago.

Hello Jack, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it.

Media box is capable to provide Dolby Digital sound output through optical out and it depends connected video source if it sends out such audio signal.

Regarding HDMI input issue, I would recommend to unplug TV and media box power cords for 10 minutes to get it reset, replug back in and check. If it doesn't fix the HDMI input issue then it would need to replace HDMI processor board in media box and this repair may cost around $200 plus, however you can buy replacement media receiver around that amount as well, need to check the ebay or amazon with media receiver model number to get price info. You may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.
Regards,
Shahid.