Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

How do I get fix my HDMI port? My DVD player is connected to

Customer Question

How do I get fix my HDMI port? My DVD player is connected to HDMI port 1. It was working up until a couple of days ago. Now it is telling me NO SIGNAL. I have tried HDMI Port 3 and 4 with the same message. HDMI 2 is working and is supporting another device.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 10 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

OK HDMI loss is a very common issue with modern sets and there is a procedure to follow, the first thing to do is >>try different hdmi products not just one to eliminate the product as the issue then>>

1)Un-plug the set from wall-power wait 5 mins then re-plug back in again try HDMI again

2) If there is a reset to factory default in the settings menu of the TV please use that try the HDMI again

3)If still no go go to the samsung website and look for any firmware upgrade for the set under support for your model to make sure you have the latest version of firmware.

If all fails then the main-board will need to be replaced (assuming the set is not under warranty) let me know when you get as far as that and I will advise further

Please consider rating the answer positively, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, ***** ***** will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please don't rate instead press the "reply to expert" tab and I will answer any queries you have

Many Thanks

Anthony

Can you read my reply above please?

Anthony