Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I have a JVC DLA-RS50-U projector. It's about 4 years old.

Customer Question

I have a JVC DLA-RS50-U projector. It's about 4 years old. Blinking lamp light and red warning light on steady. I have replaced the lamp with an original part from JVC. I used the remote to reset the hours. The projector will not work. I did get the red light and orange light to go off the the green light was on but nothing happened and after a few minutes the red warning light and stanly light came back on and the orange light is blinking. Help!
Category: TV
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

Hi there,

If replacing the lamp did not help, then the power supply to the lamp is suspect and will need to be tested using a voltmeter.

The ballast board that supplies the power commonly fails in these projectors after a few years, and if confirmed as faulty it will need to be replaced.