Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

How do I get Amazon Prime on my Sharp Aquos LC-80LE642U TV

Customer Question

Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 10 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Your tv (and sharp tvs, in general) do not support amazon instant video as a native app, meaning the functionality to run this is not built into the tv, and it is not something that you can add. Doing so would require sharp to have a contract with amazon to access their services, then publish a special app just for your tv model. Since this is a 2013 model, it is no longer supported by sharp, and no such update could really ever be expected. Other than buying a new tv, your next best option would be to use an external streaming device. You can spend $30-100 on a roku, fire tv, htpc or smart bluray player and get all the same functions and many more, with better performance and lower cost.