Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have an LG 3d TV 50LA6205, I was watching it earlier when

Customer Question

I have an LG 3d TV 50LA6205, I was watching it earlier when the screen went black,the sound was still on but no video. I turned it off and on again and the LG logo came on for a second and the screen went black again.
Question, can it be fixed or is now junk.
Category: TV
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 1 year ago.

After the LG logo appears, does the screen stay lit afterwards or go completely pitch black? Slightly lit is good, pitch black is not good.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It stays pitch black
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 1 year ago.

This Tv is only a couple years old right? It's worth the effort to call LG Monday and ask for "Customer Relations"...that department is set up to correct issues like yours. Your issue is a shorted LED array. That's why it lights for a second or two, then goes out. It's not jumk yet...not until LG's customer relations department refuses to replace the panel, or pro-rates your TV set for a new one.

1(###) ###-####/p>