Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a Samsung TV only a few months old, and it keeps

Customer Question

Customer: Hello! My name is Sheree. I have a Samsung TV only a few months old, and it keeps digitizing while I am watching it. I have checked all the connections, and they seem to be solidily connected.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The model number is ***** The sound cuts off when the picture is digitizing. then comes back on when the picture clears up.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — TV Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and sorry you're having problems. We are now connected on this website- which saves you money over having a Tech come to your home, and in many cases we can fix the problem you're having. In other cases, these things do require additional parts to fix. But I can help you with that as well.

How old is the set please?

Also, the symptoms you have could be related to the "Source" you're viewing on the set- an not necessarily the TV itself. So, what are you viewing from (for example: Cable/SAT box, etc.), and does this issue also occur if watching a DVD?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Please respond back when you are able to see my reply.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The set is about 3-4 months old. I have updated the software as accessed on the MENU option. Our source is a Cable box. I have not tried DVD's.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay, the software will not cause this, and without another source to try to rule out the Cable Box or the TV, we need to look at the most likely cause of the problem- which is the cable box itself or the HDMI cable. You will want to first replace the HDMI cable (you can buy these for around $20 at Wal Mart) and if the issue persists beyond that contact your cable provider and have them swap the box out.

You see, there are no settings or adjustments on the TV that will cause this- it is a hardware failure occurring so you need to rule out the basics (try a new cable and also a different box if the issue still occurs).

If you find the issue beyond that, then the TV would indeed be faulty (not likely- but not impossible either) and then you would need to contact Samsung regarding warranty service.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** try this.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

You're welcome. Another test is to use the original Samsung remote and see if you are able to pull up the MENU normally, and navigate through MENU options. If the TV's native remote works the way it should when the screen digitizes, then this would point heavily towards the cable box and/or HDMI cable as being the root cause of the problem.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. You can follow up at any time if needed.