Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Tc-l42u22 Panasonic HDTV will not react to commands from

Customer Question

Tc-l42u22 Panasonic HDTV will not react to commands from remote, side buttons, or HDMI-CEC (Chromecast). I can power the TV on using the power button on the TV only, and I can't change the volume or switch inputs. The current input that it is on, HDMI 1 works.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it.
I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

- Does power light on TV blink when press any button on TV of its remote?

- Does TV display normal picture through HDMI-1 input?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
1) Power light on tv does not blink when pressing remote button.2) TV displays normal picture at HDMI 1 input.
Expert:  Shahid replied 10 months ago.

OK, press volume button on side panel of TV a few times with bit force to see if it works?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Tried that already. Does not work.
Expert:  Shahid replied 10 months ago.

Sorry to hear that, since you have tried all possible steps like rebooting TV etc to eliminate TV software bug but non worked that indicates hardware related issue and main board of TV where main controller chip that controls all these functions ins't working to execute the commands either through control buttons or remote signals so it seems you would need to replace main board if TV to resolve the problem.

Please click following supplier link to view main board image and price info if you're looking to repair the TV yourself..

http://www.shopjimmy.com/panasonic-txn-a10qhms-a-board-for-tc-l42u22.htm

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.
Regards,
Shahid.

Expert:  Shahid replied 10 months ago.

Question got closed after getting answer.