Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I have a Panasonic plasma TV, model TH-42PD25 I have the

Customer Question

Customer: I have a Panasonic plasma TV, model TH-42PD25 Hello. I have the same model (Panasonic TH-42PD25). I was reading your article but in my case when I turned On the TV, the speaker are doing some noise and the image looks like snow for about 3 seconds, after this the front LED blinks 7 times, stop and repeat. I can hear some cracking noise coming from the back. After removing the back panel, I found the LDS for the SC board not light at all, for the SS just red for 2 seconds, and for the board (triangle) with a fan inside 2 seconds too. meanwhile 7 blinks in the front. Thank you.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: sure
JA: OK got it. Last thing — TV Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

Hi Juan,

A 7 blink error code on the TH-42PD25 indicates a fault with the power supply (P) board. It is not outputting the correct voltage to keep the TV turned on, and it will need to be replaced.

You can get a replacement power supply board from http://www.shopjimmy.com/panasonic-tnpa2841ah-p-board.htm

Let me know if you have any additional questions - you can ask followup questions at no additional charge after rating my service today.

Thanks,

Pete.

Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

Kindly take a moment to rate my service; you can still ask additional followup questions at no additional charge :)

Pete.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hello Pete. I changed the part that you mentioned TH-42PD25 and also the SC board and nothing changed. I tested the New "P" board with the old and new SC board and the 7 blink red code appear. Any ideas?
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

Hi Juan,

Do you have a voltmeter available to take some test readings?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No problem I can take some readings.
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

Ok, can you start with the P board and look for the voltage outputs on it - they should be indicated on the board.

Let me know what they measure...

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
OK. Tomorrow I'll contact you with the readings. It's Ok for you?
TY.
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

Yes, tomorrow is fine!

Thanks, Pete.