Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Our Vizio 48" TV recently stopped giving us full screen

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****. Our Vizio 48" TV recently stopped giving us full screen view. We have black strips top and bottom. We use Cox cable and have a digital box. Interestingly, on some channels the logo icons will actually extend into the black strips while the picture remains within the smaller area.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Only that we had full screen and haven't consciously done anything to change aspect ratios or adjust the TV. How or why it changed is a mystery.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — TV Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Steve G. replied 10 months ago.

Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way.

Thanks for requesting me.

Either the able box or the TV has its aspect ratio settings incorrectly set. Can you give me the model number of the Vizio and the cable box please?