Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I understand that this is a nutty question however, I wish

Customer Question

I understand that this is a nutty question however, I wish to mount a TX-P42X60B
on my celing, yeah I know right (nutty)
Also I wish it to tilt, can it be done ?
Category: TV
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Steve G. replied 10 months ago.

Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way.

That is a plasma TV and relatively heavy compared to an LCD set of the same size however the mounting threads on the back of the TV are more than capable of supporting the weight of the TV.

Your problem is going to be finding a mount that will work in a horizontal position.

I would probably fabricate a bracket using angle iron.

You mentioned tilt - once you have the tilt, will the TV remain tilted or will you need to change the tilt from time to time?

Let me know.