Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

Samsung lcd tv turning on and off by itself.

Customer Question

Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 10 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

I understand its switching itself on and off but have you had any problems trying to get the set to come on from an initial first start or does it start up right away?

Anthony

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The tv seemed to work. Then today when I turned it on, it went off right after the pic came on. Then it randomly came back on.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No response from the tv either at the tv or remote when trying to change channels, change sources. Volume. Nothing.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Stays on a few seconds and goes off. Then a few seconds and turns back on without me clicking anything.

OK the first thing that has to be looked at with samsung sets are the elco capacitors on the power-board, its a visual check for leaking/ballooning/raised domed tops like these <<clcik

Once that check is made we move on the check governs the next move, can you do this work yourself?it may be necessary to replace a board

Let me know please

Please consider rating the answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page thank you, ***** ***** positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, ***** ***** will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please let me know and I will answer any queries you have

Many Thanks

Anthony

I will provide all the necessary info for the work

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I feel confident looking inside the tv. Probably okay with soldering.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hold on, only screwdrivers have magnetic ends. Guess that's not going to work?

OK the first check is those capacitors grouped in the corner of the powerboard (trace powercord to it) and let me know the result of that visual check of those capacitors

How is this working out please?can you give me an update?

Anthony