Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

The coaxial TV nipple is broken on the back of my TV. Is

Customer Question

Customer: The coaxial TV nipple is broken on the back of my TV. Is there a way to connect my TV, using the RCA plugs. No need for digital, only analog.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The nipple snapped off the back of my TV. Can't get to a repairman, I'm on a ship now. Can I buy a converter or cables to connect to the RCA connections on the back of my TV. All coax signals are in analog.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to TV Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 10 months ago.

Welcome! I am an experienced electronics field technician and your satisfaction is my top priority. We are now connected together on this convenient website which saves you time and money vs much higher repair shop diagnostic fees.

To get started, I need to know you are able to reply to me here...

1. What is the full model number of the Tv? see sticker on back of tv
2. Who is your tv channel provider?

3. Is there a channel provider box/dvr? what model?

___________________________________________________________________

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
the TV is a LG37LE5300 , there is no box, nothing coming into the TV, just a cable, I'm on a US Navy ship, the signal is analog, i'm sure
Expert:  Mike G. replied 10 months ago.

Here's what you can do:

- get a VCR, yep any ole VCR laying around that has coax input and AV Output.

- plug your cable signal into it.

- plug some Yellow/White/Red cables from the VCR AV Out to the Tv AV In.

- Put the Tv on the AV Input and leave it, then use the VCR remote to change channels.

Remember that I am here to help you. Please reply back if you need clarification on any of the above.

Regardless of what you decide to do next, please be sure to click the 5 STARS rating at the top of the page. Keep in mind that I have donated my invaluable time and expertise helping you rather than other paying customers.

Rating now does NOT close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here. My livelihood truly does depend on your positive rating.

Clicking the "bad/poor" rating does NOT do anything to fix your issue, nor does it issue you a refund.

Thank you,

Expert:  Mike G. replied 10 months ago.

Hello, just checking back in to see if you made any progress, or perhaps you would like to acknowledge that my time and input has been helpful?