Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Jeannine. I have a Pioneer Plasma Pro-1130HD that the screen

Customer Question

Customer: Jeannine. I have a Pioneer Plasma Pro-1130HD that the screen after 2-3 minutes goes black. When turning off the TV it rets but does it again. I understand that it may be a circuit board that is bad?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Sounds still plays. It will not play DVD. Radio works.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to TV Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 12 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

If you press the menu button of the sets own remote control (during the time its black) does the menu come up please?

Anthony

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I use a harmony universal remote will this work or do I need the Pioneer remote?
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
The menu does not appear on the tv screen just my remote works for the help session but when I answer all the questions it has no answers.

So you do get something on the display?

If there is a Menu button on the TV itself that will be good

I dont use the phone facility and in any case it will cost you more

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
No, I do get anything on the display. I do not know if there is a menu display button on the tv. I see only one button, the power on & off button.

OK its just that if you lose signals the screen will go black the menu check (or another input like a DVD player)will eliminate that angle

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
When I tried to play a DVD it would not work
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
No sound or picture
Expert:  Jack replied 12 months ago.

Hi , I`m Jack ,different tech. here
Perhaps I can help you with this problem , let me know when you`re ready ?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Can you call me?
Expert:  Jack replied 12 months ago.

I need you to try something first ;

Open the door at the front of the media receiver box and press the volume up/down buttons .

Do you see the OSD (on screen display) bar going up/down on the screen ?

Expert:  Jack replied 12 months ago.

When the picture goes out , do you get red and/or blue light blinking either on the media receiver or the tv/monitor itself ?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I have a new receiver Marantz one week old.there is nothing to open in the front. The dial for the volume does not really work
Expert:  Jack replied 12 months ago.

This tv model comes in 2 parts , it has has the tv/monitor and a media receiver box (not the Marantz) , it cannt work with out it so you must have it hooked up somewhere in the system .

By the way , did this problem start at the same time you installed that Marantz ?

Expert:  Jack replied 12 months ago.

Here is a picture of that media box .

Click the link below for the picture and if that link opens a login window popup then just close it with the upper corner X or the "no thanks . continue to view"
The picture is behind that .
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pmr2m6bj5zoyrpv/2016-01-21_1044.png?dl=0