Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

We have a Vision 4K TV; the input selection menu engages on

Customer Question

We have a Vision 4K TV; the input selection menu engages on its own when the TV is started an scans and scans for about 7 to 10 minutes until selecting an input, seemingly at random. At this point I am able to select the proper "cable box" input but prior to the random selection I can do nothing other than turn the TV off. I have reset the defaults and went back through the original install but nothing has changed.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 10 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Steve.

Could you please try removing the batteries from the remote control (vizio remote) as well as any cable/sat remote programmed to operate the tv.

Leave them out, (you can turn the tv on first) then observe if the problem continues?

Can you also tell me what the tv is connected to? Is it by chance hooked up to a comcast x1 box via hdmi by chance?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Connected to a TiVo box and adapter
Expert:  Nathan replied 10 months ago.

Okay, check the above remote test first.

If no change, go into both the tv and tivo menus, and disable any instance of hdmi control (cec, via, etc)

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
ok
Expert:  Nathan replied 10 months ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** know what happens.

Expert:  Nathan replied 10 months ago.

Do you still need help with this?