Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Tachi tv l26 d205. The onscreen menu showing the size of the

Customer Question

hitachi tv l26 d205. The onscreen menu showing the size of the screen, the sound quality, the sleep timer, all along the bottom of the screen is cycling through then dissappear and then reappears. On the remote there are no obvious functions to switch this off. I have tried unplugging it, resetting it, switching it off. What can I do to stop this happening? please help!
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it.
I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

- Does this happen regardless of what video source such as cable, DVD etc you're watching on TV?

Thanks.

Expert:  Shahid replied 10 months ago.

Hi, did you get above reply?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Expert:  Shahid replied 10 months ago.

OK - Does this happen regardless of what video source such as cable, DVD etc you're watching on TV?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
it does.
Expert:  Shahid replied 10 months ago.

OK, got it, it calls e-pops which are builtin advertisement for Store Demo. It needs to be turned Off in TV menu.

Press Setup/Menu button on TV remote, go to Setup option and select Auto Setup option and check TV Location that should be set as Home use and below is E-POP Demo option which should be set as Off.

This change will get TV in normal viewing mode and all these banners/ pop ups will disappear.

Please reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Expert:  Shahid replied 10 months ago.

Do you need any further assistance with it?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I cannot try it just now but I will tomorrow and let you know if that works or not. Then I will leave an applicable rating.
Expert:  Shahid replied 10 months ago.

OK, it will work.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi again. I tried your fix, but the "auto setup option" is greyed out and it just skips over it so i can't select it. What now?
Expert:  Shahid replied 10 months ago.

ah OK, please select TV as source by pressing Input button, this will enable auto setup option to proceed.

Since your TV is set on different video input so auto setup option will grayed out/ disable.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok, I'll try that tonight and let you know. Thanks.
Expert:  Shahid replied 10 months ago.

OK, take your time.

Thanks.