Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a Sharp LC-19SB15U Television. Somehow, I turned on

Customer Question

I have a Sharp LC-19SB15U Television. Somehow, I turned on close-caption. How do I turn it off? The remote doesn't do it.
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 10 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, is the TV directly connected to an antenna? Or is there a cable box?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Cable Box.
Expert:  Louie replied 10 months ago.

Bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the cable box. Additionally, please describe how the cable box is connected to the TV using what kind of cable(s).

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The cable box is connected to the TV with a component connection. The cable box is a AT&T U-Verse Motorola vip1200.
Expert:  Louie replied 10 months ago.

Appreciate the additional information.

Based on these, then the Closed Caption would have to be turned off in the Motorola VIP1200.

Have you tried checking the Motorola's MENU for the Closed Captioning feature? ...turning it OFF?

Expert:  Louie replied 10 months ago.

Hi again Richard,

Any updates?

Please re-try; MENU / SETTINGS / PASSWORD ***** HARDWARE SETTINGS / disable CC Pass Through and CC Overlay Render.