Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Unfortunately, we had a power surge before I could replace

Customer Question

Unfortunately, we had a power surge before I could replace the main board; which you had suggested to do. Now the TV wont even power on. We tried resetting the breaker unplugging and re-plugging but nothing worked. Is the TV repairable? If so what do I need to do?
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Sorry to hear that, does the power indicator lit/ blink when press power button on TV to turn it On?

Do you have multimeter and can check standby volts on power supply board of TV?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
No lights or anything happens when we try to turn it on. I don't have one here at the house tonight but I can get my hands on one tommorrow. Where do I test to see if it has any standby volts?
Expert:  Shahid replied 12 months ago.

Please find attached image of power supply board where connector is marked with yellow arrow, check standby volts on pin-12 of that connector, pins are also marked as 1-2~13-14 to count pin-12 OR get 5V and 12V reading on any pin of that connector while TV power cord is plugged in wall outlet?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Okay I will do that tomorrow and then get you the results. Thank you so very much for your help and expertise!!!!!
Expert:  Shahid replied 12 months ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** your time and we will continue it by tomorrow.