Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

Lars, my samsung tv is turning itself on and off as can be

Customer Question

Customer: Lars, my samsung tv is turning itself on and off as can be seen here https://youtu.be/aB9nhl8kQhI
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: ue32c8700 xsxxn . After a firmware update via usb , from 1 something to 3 something, this problem started occurring, the screen is weird looking but that's not the worst, I can't even reset it because the TV won't stay on longer than 3 seconds. Samsung doesn't do anything for support of course. Does anyone know how to access the software without having the tv on? And to what board does it get loaded up on c.q. which one should I replace? The capacitor are not leaking, bulging or in anyway looking broken. I've tried unlocking the wifi cable as well as the cable that connect to the on and of button on the tv, nothing worked. Took the batteries out of the remote, didn't help either. Tried it on 3 different power sockets directly, didn't change one bit.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — TV Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I did the firmware update because the screen wasn't fully functioning, it would sometimes have 'waves' going of it. like when its really hot and in the distance the view is 'shaking'. I tried factory settings, didn't work. then the firmware update, and then this happened as can be seen in the youtube video. I also tried a different power plug
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

Hi Lars,

The firmware on the main board has likely gotten corrupted after the update, and the TV is no longer able to boot up correctly, and is stuck in a boot loop.

Since the TV is unable to boot up, the only way to fix this is to fix a replacement main board with working firmware installed on it.

Pete.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
which board is that? where the power plug goes in or where the connections of cables like hdmi go in, or the other one
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

Hi Lars,

yes, the main board is the digital one that the HDMI connections go into.

Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

Kindly take a moment to rate my service; you can still ask additional followup questions at no additional charge :)

Pete.