Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

How do you adjust the display on a Emerson tv model number

Customer Question

How do you adjust the display on a Emerson tv model number LC320EM1F without the remote
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 10 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

What, specifically, are you wanting to adjust?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The screen size
Expert:  Nathan replied 10 months ago.

How do you get your content currently? Antenna, basic cable, cable/satellite box, dvd, etc?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Through cable at my college
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It never did this before.
Expert:  Nathan replied 10 months ago.

Is there a separate cable BOX?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No there is no box
Expert:  Nathan replied 10 months ago.

Okay, so it is an internal tv function then.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to adjust the format settings (display size, zoom, etc) without the remote. These emerson tvs are very limited in capability and don't have a direct menu function from the panel to change that setting.

The only way to change it is with the original remote (a basic universal remote would not work for this).

But, you can buy a replacement remote very inexpensively online: http://amzn.to/1RwDsnh

The FORMAT button at the bottom of the remote will allow you to adjust the screen size as needed.

Expert:  Nathan replied 10 months ago.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please rate my service; hopefully I have earned 5 Stars. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh

Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,

--

Please note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.

Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. Again I apologize there is not a better outcome here, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately.