Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Sharp LC47SB857UT stuck on power up on "please wait" screen

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****....Sharp LC47SB857UT stuck on power up on "please wait" screen
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: TV was off...had a DVD player plugged in....changed hdmi back to cable box turned TV on you can see the display come on and then it sticks with a "Please Wait" blue box on the screen normally it then auto-senses the HDMI feed and off we go tonight...TV stuck on Please Wait screen it does not respond to any of the set side buttons
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to TV Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it.
- Have you tried to unplug TV and cable box power cords from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Have already done that
Expert:  Shahid replied 10 months ago.

OK, do you still get normal picture on TV when playback DVD?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
no...doesn't matter which input is used...TV is stuck on the initial "Please Wait" box center screen
Expert:  Shahid replied 10 months ago.

This is odd, can you please recheck TV model number as LC47SB857UT seems incorrect and giving me hard time to find related manual for troubleshooting.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
LC-47SB57UT
Expert:  Shahid replied 10 months ago.

Thanks, ***** *****'t smart TV so wouldn't be connected to internet that could be other cause of 'please-wait' message on screen.

Please turn Off the cable box, does the message stay on TV screen or disappear?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Stays on...regardless of input or no input at all
Expert:  Shahid replied 10 months ago.

Sorry to hear that, it confirms that TV firmware has been corrupted for some reason that is why it doesn't boot up fully and stuck on 'please-wait' window, mostly this kind of problem occurs due to failing EEPROM (memory) chip on main board and this kind of board isn't suppose to be repaired on component level thus need to be replaced entire main board to resolve the issue.

I would recommend to unplug TV power cord for longer time (such as an hour or so) to see if it helps. If problem persist then main board of TV will be replaced to resolve the problem. Main board is one that has all video inputs and if you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.
Regards,
Shahid.

Expert:  Shahid replied 10 months ago.

Hi, do you need any further assistance with it?

Thanks.