Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

WS 65315 Mitsubishi Tv powers on seconds and shuts off.

Customer Question

WS 65315 Mitsubishi Tv powers on for 2 seconds and shuts off.
Category: TV
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I fix it? It randomly shut off while watching tv.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Welcome! I am an experienced electronics field technician and your satisfaction is my top priority. We are now connected together on this convenient website which saves you time and money vs much higher repair shop diagnostic fees.

To get started, I need to know you are able to reply to me here...

1. How long have you had the Tv?

2. Exactly how did you check the power source?

___________________________________________________________________

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I unplugged it and plugged in somewhere else
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have had the TV about 7 years
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Please describe your level of experience with electronics repair?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can hook up a cable box, DVD player or game system. That's about it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have replaces outlets in the past though.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

This is going to be much more complex than you might think. The tv has an internal failure that will require diagnosis with a meter, ordering parts, installing the parts (likely involving soldering). If that is something you want to attempt then reply back here and I can assist you further (a meter and soldering experience is required).

If you are unable or unwilling to perform any of these procedures then a repair shop should be consulted. But I can tell you our shop charges $125 to come diagnose the problem and hand you an estimate. Then another $200 in parts and labor (if it's just a board). So the total can be $325 (or more). To find a trusted local repair shop near you, enter your zip code at www.tvrepairpros.com

Remember that I am here to help you. Please reply back if you need clarification on any of the above.

Regardless of what you decide to do next, please be sure to click the 5 STARS rating at the top of the page. Keep in mind that I have donated my invaluable time and expertise helping you rather than other paying customers.

Rating now does NOT close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here. My livelihood truly does depend on your positive rating.

Clicking the "bad/poor" rating does NOT do anything to fix your issue, nor does it issue you a refund.

Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. So I'm clear I just paid $28,00 to learn that you can't help me?
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

So far you have paid a $5 deposit. Of which I get nothing until you rate with 3 STARS or more.

Had you called a repair shop, they would charge you $125 to come to your home and hand you an estimate. That is not refundable, but gets rolled into your total repair bill when the tv is fixed.

You now have the power to decide if you want to spend $325 on this old tv or put all the money you saved into a new tv that has more modern features and way better picture quality and a fresh warranty.

Most people find this very helpful and do appreciate this.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. 5 bucks is worth it. I don't mind rating you high.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

suggest you have a close look at the website help pages regarding payments and rating.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The error code blinks 22 which shows it just needs a reset but I don't see a reset button (recessed) anywhere.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Did you have a look at the website help pages?

Do you understand how the payment and rating works?

If you don't want to pay the $28, then tell me so I can go help other paying customers.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not want to pay the $28.00. I had my tv unplugged for a couple hours and it is working now. Thank you for your time.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

goodbye