Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a 50" LG Plasma TV. It tries to turn and then turns

Customer Question

Customer: I have a 50" LG Plasma TV. It tries to turn and then turns itself off. The online consensus seems to be that there is problem with the power supply that is probably repairable. The problem is that I have not done this kind of work before, and am not sure I have the ability to make the repair. When it was working, the TV also had one thin vertical line of missing pixels. That didn't really bother us, but it was something that indicated the TV needed repair. I'm trying to figure out whether or not to repair it or to buy a new one. I think it's only six years old.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: What details would you like.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to TV Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 10 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

Can you please get me the model number found on the back of the set?thank you

Anthony