Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a Sony Wega model #KDF-50E2000...approx 13 years

Customer Question

I have a Sony Wega model #KDF-50E2000...approx 13 years old..have replaced lamp unit XL2400 once approx 10 years ago I'm guessing...tv suddenly powers off then used to come right back on by itself. Now I have to let it set for about 15 seconds before I turn it back on myself or it will turn right off again...even after that it still only stays on for a few minutes. When it shuts off the red power light on the front of the tv flashes three times then pauses then three more times then pauses and on and on that way until it turns back on only to repeat the entire process...what could be the problem and how do I fix it? Also is the lamp related to the powering off problem at all???
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Welcome

You have created another issue by either not closing the lamp door properly or the switch is not activated on the lamp door OR you have taken the lamp out and put it back but its not closing the lamp IN switch at the base of the lamp so my first question is have you took the lamp out or opened the lamp door?

Anthony

How is this working out please?

Anthony