Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a sony DCR SXRD TV and i'm some problems with it. I

Customer Question

I have a sony DCR SXRD TV and i'm some problems with it. I dont know what happened but they other day I went to turn it on and it came on for like two seconds and then turned off. The red standby light keeps blinking and I'll get sound and cable but no picture and no power to the TV. What can I do?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and sorry you're having problems. We are now connected on this website- which saves you money over having a Tech come to your home, and in many cases we can fix the problem you're having. In other cases, these things do require additional parts to fix. But I can help you with that as well.

Can you please get me the full model number off of the back of the TV?

Also, please check that blinking light- as it's a code. Tell me how many blinks between pauses it gives you (for example: 2 blinks, pause, 2 blinks, pause, etc.).

Additionally, how old is the set?