Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Technician
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computers and Electronics
23511658

LGT874 UNIT MADE LOUD BLARING NOISE YESTERDAY. UNIT WENT OUT

Customer Question

LGT874 UNIT MADE LOUD BLARING NOISE YESTERDAY. UNIT FOR SOUND WENT OUT COMES ON AGAIN BUT DIES OUT AFTER ABOUT 25 20 SECONDS UNIT GOES ON AND THEN GOES OFF UNIT DOES NOT PERMIT DISC UNIT TO OPEN PURCHASED AS SURROND PACKAGE 7 YEARS AGO APPEARS SOMETHING IN THE UNIT WENT BLOOEY
CAN IT BE FIXED IF SO AT WHAT COST wHAT IS THE COST OF RECONDITIONED UNIT OR REPLACEMENT UNIT COST.
Category: TV
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 10 months ago.

Hello. My name is Michael. I can help you with your question if you still need assistance.

Is there a disc in the player? If there is you will have to get that out first. You can try holding the eject button while plugging the unit in and that should at least do the eject of the disk.

If there is no disk in it and it still repeats the behavior, you might have a bad power supply. If that's the case we can get into some additional troubleshooting or I can refer you to a repair facility, or suggest a replacement.