Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Polaroid remote control is not working. Apparently,

Customer Question

Polaroid remote control is not working. Apparently, something was spilled on it. How do I get it to work or how can I adjust the color levels with the cable remote?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and sorry you're having problems. We are now connected on this website- which saves you money over having a Tech come to your home, and in many cases we can fix the problem you're having. In other cases, these things do require additional parts to fix. But I can help you with that as well.

What is the model number off of the back of the Polaroid TV?

Also what exactly is the color problems you're having?

Who is your cable company and what is the brand and mode of the cable box so I can look up their remote please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Comcast Xfinity.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Please reply back to the rest so I can try to help.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
FLM 3201 is model! The color is way off and I cannot adjust for I believe the remote is non functional! I cannot adjust the color levels with the cable remote!
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

If using a cable box chances are you will not be able to adjust color levels. If the color is THAT far off- it has nothing to do with the settings. Please tell me if there are 5 colored cables connected to the back of your TV from the Xfinity box. Let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the 5 are attached!
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Please don't yell. I'm trying to help you.

Remove the red and green cables closest to each other on BOTH ends- Cable Box and TV.

Then plug them back in and make sure they are TIGHT.

Let me know if the color changes.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
First I am not yelling- the problem is totally in the cables! I will get the cable company to replace ! Thank you for your help! Have a great afternoon!
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay, sorry, I mistook the exclamation points for yelling- my bad.

Yes, if the color is off then the red or green cables are bad, or pulled loose and should be replaced.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.