Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

What does this cost?
, I have a Westinghouse VR-3215 TV

Customer Question

Customer: what does this cost?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have a Westinghouse VR-3215 TV hooked to a VCR and cable. All of a sudden (I don't know when it happened) I have an Input Source menu on the screen. Nothing will let me scroll/select/get rid of that menu. The picture and sound are fine. Neither the TV or cable remote will now work with the TV and the side panel buttons on the TV no longer work. It is the weirdest thing ever. Comcast is coming out tomorrow, but they never get things right
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to TV Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it.
I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

- Have you tried to unplug TV power cord from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I did unplug but not for 10 min. I'll give it try
Expert:  Shahid replied 10 months ago.

OK, take your time.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I'll let 10 min go by
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
that did not work
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Input Source menu still on the screen, side panel buttons on the TV still not working
Expert:  Shahid replied 10 months ago.

Sorry to hear that, this test confirms that TV firmware (nternal software) has been corrupted and it happen due to failing EEPROM (memory) chip that stores firmware data and replacement of EEPROM chip or entire main board will help to resolve the issue.

Required chip/board will be available at following board supplier if you are looking to repair the TV by yourself..

http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=VR-3215

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.
Regards,
Shahid.

Expert:  Shahid replied 10 months ago.

Hi, do you need any further assistance with this TV question?

Thanks.