Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

Mitsubishi 736 series wd-65736

Customer Question

mitsubishi 736 series wd-65736
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 11 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

The problem is a failing light engine namely the DLP chip itself, its this chip that produces the picture and on-board this chip are thousands of micromirrors that "swivel" with picture content, when they "stick" they reflect light back from the lamp as a white dot or if facing away from the lamp a black dot, the solution is to replace this chip here is a video to show you how

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rx8K_Q8PNWs&feature=related

The chip is available for about $200 from www.shopjimmy.com or www.encompassparts.com

If you cant do this yourself a tech would charge about $600 for the work you can locate a tech in your area by using this link www.tvrepairpros.com

Before doing anything though it may be worth ringing mitsy as at one time they were covering this even out of warrenty indicate you have the "DLP chip white spot fault"
Here is the number(###) ###-####br />
Sorry its nothing easier

Let me know if you don't understand anything

Please consider rating the answer positively thank you there will be a rating band of stars usually at the top of the page with this post, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, ***** ***** will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please just let me know and I will answer any queries you have

Many Thanks

Anthony

Can you see the answer above please?

Anthony