Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

Two year old Samsung tv has sound but no picture. Tried DVDs

Customer Question

Two year old Samsung tv has sound but no picture. Tried DVDs player and got same result sound, but no picture.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 11 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

I am assuming the screen is black if so if you press the menu button of the sets own remote control does the menu come up please?

Anthony

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Screen is black. When I press menu I get nothing. Sound is fine

OK can you see any visible light at all on the display any feint light?

If not if you hold a flashlight at a 45 degree angle on the screen can you see the picture onthelit area of the screen?

Anthony

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
there is a picture when I hold the flashlight at an angle
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Can't see anything without the flashlight

OK the back-light is out, your backlights will be LED and these are controlled by the power-board so its this board that is suspect do you think you can change it?I will provide more info

Anthony

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have changed memory boards in computers. Would it be similar. What would the board cost. Roughly

OK you need to get the back off the set locate the power-board by tracing the power-cord to it, on there will be the part-number usually begins BN etched on the board with this number go to www.shopjimmy.com if they do not have it google the part-number easy to fit.

Let me know if you need more help board should cost around $100

Please consider rating the answer positively thank you there will be a rating band of stars usually at the top of the page with this post, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, the session will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please just let me know and I will answer any queries you have

Many Thanks

Anthony

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you. I have to get to an appointment and will work on this later. I will give you a positive for sure. Thanks Tom

OK Tom the rating bar is at the top of the page thank you

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
One more thought. Anything in there I need to avoid i.e. Anything holding a charge?

No just leave the set off for about 30 mins before commencing work no problems

Anthony