Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Here, I have a Samsung 40" TV, model #LN40A500T1F. It began

Customer Question

Customer: Hi ***** ***** here, I have a Samsung 40" TV, model #LN40A500T1F. It began to exhibit the "clicking"problem a couple of years ago and would eventually take 10-20 minutes to power on. Eventually it wouldn't turn on at all. I'm attempting to repair it now that I have heard about the common bad capacitor problem with these, but I've taken off the back and checked out the caps that tend to go bad and they show no signs of bulging or leaking. When I power the tv on, the red standby light in the power button blinks slowly but nothing else happens. Next steps? Should I replace the caps anyway?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: That's about it I think
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to TV Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure no problem
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Customer: Ok thanks
Category: TV
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The fee turned out to be $28 - not sure I would have signed if I'd know it would be *more* than $18.... Can it be lowered?
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 10 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

Please email***@******.*** then when you are through let me know

Anthony

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok thx!

Let me know when you are ready to continue