Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

It's a Samsung Plasma TV
, Yes, how does it work if you

Customer Question

Customer: It's a Samsung Plasma TV
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Yes, how does it work if you give me a solution to this weird problem?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — TV Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and sorry you're having problems. We are now connected on this website- which saves you money over having a Tech come to your home, and in many cases we can fix the problem you're having. In other cases, these things do require additional parts to fix. But I can help you with that as well.

What is the model number off of the back of the TV?

What exactly is the weird problem you're having (nothing is posted on here)?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, will we be chatting or do you just email me an answer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's a Samsung PN50C450B1D Plasma TV with a GREAT picture.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The weird thing is that it has started having these strange vertical lines intermittently after it's been on for a while. They are about two inches wide, sometimes black or white or both and sometimes with colored lines, sometimes only one line and not always in the same place. Sometimes, if it has colored lines, after a while it scrambles and goes away.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello? Are we still on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, can I cancel this process?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I thought this might happen.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I thought I could get an answer right away, I don't really have a lot of time today, can I do this another day?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still waiting, is anyone there?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. Previous expert has opted out. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it.
- Are you looking to repair the TV yourself (it needs basic electronics knowledge and experience) or want diagnosis and approx cost on repair info?

Please reply back to assist you accordingly.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm going to fix it myself.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a Samsung PN50C450B1D TV. It has a great picture, but it has started having these strange vertical lines intermittently after it's been on for a while. They are about two inches wide, sometimes black or white or both and sometimes with colored lines, sometimes only one line and not always in the same place. Sometimes, if it has colored lines, after a while it scrambles and goes away.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the info. I'm typing answer for you and it may take 10 minutes, is this OK?

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Please find attached image to view board locations inside TV where I marked Buffer E, Buffer F and Logic Control board, there are few flat ribbon cables plugged in logic control board coming from other boards, it needs to unplug flat ribbon cables safely then clean the contacts on cables (make sure the contacts/ lines don't get damaged) and replug them safely and properly to refresh the contacts as black/ colored lines appear due to bad contacts of these flat cables, however, some times logic control board or buffer boards also found bad (hardware failing issue) and need to be replaced to resolve the problem.

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.
Regards,
Shahid.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Boards mentioned in previous reply are marked with yellow arrows in this attached picture.

Thanks.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, question got closed and refunded.