Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

My name is ***** *****. I just replaced the lamp on my Sony

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** *****. I just replaced the lamp on my Sony KDS 60A2000, and I can't get the power light to stop blinking red three time. I've replaced the bulb before and never had a problem
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: What details would be helpful? The bulb is in, the door is on, and I've even unplugged the TV (but only for about 10 seconds)
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to TV Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Hi , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

This 3 blinks code indicates that either the lamp is not seated properly or the door is not securely closed .

There are 2 switches that monitors this and either will give you that 3 blinks code but most often it is the door switch that causes the problem .

So much so that at some point sony was suggesting defeating them and stopped installing them in its later models.

Now what i would suggest is to pull the lamp out and back in again and double check that the lamp door is closed securely

Let me know how that goes