Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

Screen went click, turned black, power light still on,

Customer Question

Screen went click, turned black, power light still on, remote won't turn on or off the TV, power button on side will??
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 11 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

So I am assuming the power-light on the front of the set is not blinking red but lit in the normal ON mode?

You have rebooted the set by unplugging from the wall wait 5 mins then re-plugged back in again?

I will need the model number of the set please found on the back of the set?

Anthony

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It was blinking red. I unplugged it but only for a couple of seconds. TC-P50S30

OK I will need to know how many times the power-light blins red between pauses like 5 blinks pause 5 blinks as an example?

Anthony

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
14 times.

Hello

OK the 14 blink issue is a short here is a video to help you understand this <<click

Let me know if you think you can do this work yourself

Please consider at this point rating what information I have provided so far positively, there will be a rating band with this post of stars, rating positive is the only way I get credited by the site for the help thank you.Please note the question NEVER closes and remains open always so bookmark the page

Regards

Anthony

Anthony

How is this working out please?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It's cashed out, time for a new one, I'm not a repairman and YouTube was helpful if I wanted to tear it apart, and replace component ex. thanks for the help.

OK your welcome

Regards

Anthony