Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

How do I remove the back from a Samsung UN50F6300 LED TV?

Customer Question

how do I remove the back from a Samsung UN50F6300 LED TV? All videos I've watched indicate that you just remove screws and pull up on plastic back. Mine seems to be affixed in some manner preventing it from breaking loose
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems. It would appear you missed a screw here. Make sure you're also removing the screws around the HDMI, AV and power cord jacks on the TV- as well as any other which may not appear to be related. Remove the base stand as well. If the back still does not come off then shine a flashlight into ALL of the screw holes on the back of the TV to make sure you did not miss one. Once all of the screws are removed the back will indeed simply pull off.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
removed 17 screws + 4 stand acres. I removed a 3x4" access panel near the cable ports and pulled up on the opening as there is nothing else to pull on. Pulled as hard as I could without breaking something. It won't budge. It is affixed to the outside acrylic trim in some way.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
what I did not know was that the plastic back was attached to the acrylic trim. Pulling up on both released the back.