Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

My name is ***** *****. I have a 50" Bravia 2 years old. The

Customer Question

Customer: Hi, my name is ***** *****. I have a 50" Bravia 2 years old. The TV went dead and won't turn back on. When I unplug it, plug it back in and turn it on, the white light goes on > then it goes off and the red light flashes 5 times over and over again. Is it repairable? If so, will it cost more than the break even point to buy a new TV?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Yes, about an hour before it quit, I cleaned the screen with spray screen cleaner. Otherwise, I don't see anything beyond the flashing lights.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to TV Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I think what I really need is an authorized Sony repair shop here in Henderson, NV
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 10 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Expert:  Nathan replied 10 months ago.

So to confirm, you clean the screen before this problem started, correct?