Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

No picture sometimes and vertical hold going..is it worth

Customer Question

no picture sometimes and vertical hold going..is it worth fixing/
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

Hello, and sorry you're having problems. We are now connected on this website- which saves you money over having a Tech come to your home, and in many cases we can fix the problem you're having. In other cases, these things do require additional parts to fix. But I can help you with that as well.

Can you please get me the model number off of the back of the TV?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
CT32G12CV
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

Thank you- taking a look now.

Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

Okay, this is a Panasonic CRT ( I wanted to make sure we had the right technology when I looked it up). The loss of picture and the V.Hold going are caused by a failing High Voltage circuit (components in the circuit are weak/drifting out of spec). The average cost for this type of repair is in the $250 range- and is not cost effective as a brand new 32" flat screen can be purchased for the same amount of money. Unfortunately there isn't a quick fix for this and the set would be better off replaced- than repaired.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
thanks for your help?
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

You're welcome, I was answering what you had asked "is it worth fixing". Unless you're a tech and have experience with soldering and working within high voltage circuits, then the set will cost more to repair than replace.

Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.