Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

How do I connect my Samsung Connectshare TV to a hearing aid

Customer Question

How do I connect my Samsung Connectshare TV to a hearing aid Bluetooth device?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

Hello, and sorry you're having problems. We are now connected on this website- which saves you money over having a Tech come to your home, and in many cases we can fix the problem you're having. In other cases, these things do require additional parts to fix. But I can help you with that as well.

This Samsung TV (as well as all other Smart and standard TV's) has no provisions to direct connect to a Blue Tooth device. The Samsung can connect to a Blue Tooth keyboard- but that is it.

In order to use a Blue Tooth hearing aid- additional equipment is needed.

Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

First, the TV's audio output jack is an "Optical" jack- which requires use of an optical cable and a device that can accept optical signals. You will need to connect an optical cable to the converter below.

So the first part you need is an optical to analog converter at the link below:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA07R1PF2886&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleMKP-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleMKP-PC-_-pla-_-Home+Audio-_-9SIA07R1PF2886&gclid=CjwKEAiAws20BRCs-P-ssLbSlg4SJABbVcDpe9y-WddiewQvba8yxw2wA2sjkG_lxtazmzFwG7drERoCrVHw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Then from there, you need a BlueTooth transmitter- so that the hearing aid can receive the Blue Tooth signal. The BlueTooth transmitter is at the following link:

http://www.monoprice.com/Product?p_id=9722&gclid=CjwKEAiAws20BRCs-P-ssLbSlg4SJABbVcDp23oG8lD7H6DiGEIQZyVK2AuPhyausId6OpTgBiSP_xoC_vDw_wcB

The 1/8" plug on the B.T. transmitter plugs into the 1/8" headphone jack on the audio converter.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.