Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My 42" vizio t.v. screen color is not correct it's very

Customer Question

my 42" vizio t.v. screen color is not correct it's very light. when we firt turn on the t.v. it's not a blue screen like it was it's grey and it don't show the vizio logo anymore either. sound is fine. Don't know wether to take to a t.v. repair shop or maybe something I can do easily and not at the cost of another 42" t.v. 1080p hd eco smart surround sound.Serial #:LQAECBK3202340
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

Hello, and sorry you're having problems. We are now connected on this website- which saves you money over having a Tech come to your home, and in many cases we can fix the problem you're having. In other cases, these things do require additional parts to fix. But I can help you with that as well.

Offhand these symptoms point directly to a Power Supply Board, or T-Con (LCD controller) board failure. The power supply produces several voltages- so it can still operate even when the one that drives the T-Con is out of spec. The average cost for a shop to repair this is between $200-$275 parts and labor.

Alternatively, on a DIY level- knowing whether the T-Con or Power Board are the culprits, requires testing the power supply using a multi-meter inside the TV. You would need to have some experience measuring live voltages within electronics to diagnose this. If you choose to go this route- let me know and I can help you.

Or, the Layman's DIY approach is to purchase both the power supply board and the T-Con and replace one at a time until the picture is restored. Average cost for these parts are in the $125-$150 range- total.

However finding those parts- or seeing IF they are even available requires the full model number on the sticker on the back of the TV (the serial number does not help us here). A Vizio model number would be something like:

E422AR or similar.

Other than what's posted above- there isn't a "pushbutton" fix for this problem and it does require component replacement to fix the issue.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.