Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I am ***** ***** Rosari
, we are a manufacturer of an

Customer Question

Customer: Hi I am ***** ***** Rosari
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: we are a manufacturer of an integrated interactive tv sokution (www.ristv.com) and have a hotel installed based on HP switches we are running wifi, videosurveillance, offie data and IPTV on the network (all separated by VLANs) and now we are facing on this new network IPTV pixelation We need to know if the network (Multicast/IGMP) has been setup correctly and need urgent help on this !
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to TV Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Customer: ok cool
Category: TV
Expert:  Russell H. replied 11 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

If the network is not transmitting well, if some frames or packets are dropped or lost, then pixelation is the usual result, or 'blockiness' (i.e. coarsening of the detail to the point of the pictures looking like a bunch of colored squares), etc.

The network's capacity is probably overloaded. (That is, too much bandwidth needed, but not enough throughput to meet the need.) Also, there might be a defective component in it, that either causes slowing or loss of packets. But lack of sufficient bandwidth is the likeliest cause.

If you're getting a picture at all even part of the time... then the network itself is set up well enough to transmit. I would say that network setup isn't the problem, if a picture can be seen or video can be seen (even if pixelated, blockiness-showing, etc.)

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
HI
Thanks for your reply. I think (by experience) the problem resides in the configuration (QoS part) of the network. Can you provide a "state of the art" configuration example for HP switches or some commands we can submit on the network to analyze if the querier/snooping (igmp) config has been correctly made?

I admit, frankly and honestly, that I cannot provide such a config. example for an HP switch.

(What model of HP switch is being used? perhaps if it were a specific model I could offer help... or at least, if I Opt Out of this case, it may help focus the attention of a slightly more qualified Expert here, to know precisely what switch he's going to be advising about.)

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok, what do you suggest then? You think we can get someone on this at justanswer ?
Thanks

Yes. But please state the model of the HP switch(es) involved, if you have any idea what it/they is/are. Thanks. (I have Opted Out, in favor of an Expert who can provide a config. example for an HP Switch, in a video-abundant network where pixelation of video is happening.)

Thank you for your patience. (Though Opted Out, I can still see your postings and respond as necessary.)