Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I have an Emerson LF501EM4 TV that has been stuck in standby

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****. I have an Emerson LF501EM4 TV that has been stuck in standby mode. I order and replaced the power and main board. Turned on right away but when I turned it off it was stuck in that mode again. Red light just flashing over and over.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Not really. I'm just trying to figure out how to get it out of standby mode.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to TV Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Please call me at(###) ###-#### I would like to speak to someone before I'm charged.
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

Hi there,
A blinking standby light usually indicates a fault with the power supply.

Where did you obtain the replacement power supply board from?

Do you have a voltmeter available to carry out some electrical testing on the power supply board?