Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

I have a Samsung 50 inch rear projector TV with an awesome

Customer Question

I have a Samsung 50 inch rear projector TV with an awesome picture on it. I just recently started getting dots like stars on my picture. It started with 3 small dots and now I have 8. I really would like to fix this TV because of the awesome picture. Can you tell me if there is a fix for this?
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Welcome! I am an experienced electronics field technician and your satisfaction is my top priority. We are now connected together on this convenient website which saves you time and money vs much higher repair shop diagnostic fees.

This is quite common on many model DLP Tv's. It means the DLP Chip inside the tv needs to be replaced. It's not a simple DIY repair, but if you are really careful you can do it. The Chip is $200. If that is something you want to attempt then reply back here with the full model number of the tv and I can assist you further. If you are unable or unwilling to perform any of these procedures then a repair shop should be consulted, which I can help with also.

Remember that I am here to help you. Please reply back if you need clarification on any of the above.

Regardless of what you decide to do next, please be sure to click the 5 STARS rating at the top of the page. Keep in mind that I have donated my invaluable time and expertise helping you rather than other paying customers.

Rating now does NOT close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here. My livelihood truly does depend on your positive rating.

Clicking the "bad/poor" rating does NOT do anything to fix your issue, nor does it issue you a refund.

Thank you,

Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, just checking back in to see if you would like to acknowledge that my time and input has been helpful?