Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I want CC aaddeD TO TV'S INSTALLED BY YOU 2 YEARS AGO

Customer Question

Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 10 months ago.

Hi Irwin and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, is the TV directly connected to an antenna or cable feed? Or is there a cable box or even a satellite receiver?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I AM IN A LARGE CONDO COMLEX MY SRRVICE IS FROM COMACASTTHE SOME AT?T THREE IS A ROOM FOR CABLE SERVCE
Expert:  Louie replied 10 months ago.

Appreciate your post back; so there is no cable box in your condo unit and the Samsung TV is directly connected to the the condo complex's cable TV system?

Have you tried the CC button of the original remote?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
THERE IS NO CC BUTTON ON THE REMOTEEHCABLE COMES OUT OF WALLL INTO A SMALL BOX DC60XN
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
HOW MUCH MORE IS REQUIRED? IT'S BEEN OVER AN HOUR. I
Expert:  Louie replied 10 months ago.

Please confirm; there is a cable box, a DC60XN?

Since there is no CC button on the remote, then presumably the remote in use is for the cable box and not the Samsung's original.

Have you tried the MUTE button of the DC60XN's remote?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
THERE IS NO REMOTE ON THE BOX
Expert:  Louie replied 10 months ago.

Which remote are you using then please?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
MY PHONE NUMBER IS(###) ###-#### I WILL NOT PAY FOR YOUR CALL. THIS HAS BECOME A REAL MESSI AM USING THE REMOTE FOR THE TV PROVIDED BY COMCAST GTHE ONLY MODEL I CAN FIND WAS IN THE BATTERY SPPACEACE ABS P08146-1 CALL ME
Expert:  Louie replied 10 months ago.

Are you able to enable the Closed Caption feature of the DC60XN using the remote's MENU button ?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I AM WAITING FOR A RESPONSE
Expert:  Louie replied 10 months ago.

As posted above; "...Are you able to enable the Closed Caption feature of the DC60XN using the remote's MENU button ?..."

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
THE REMOTE PROVIDED BY COMCAST WHICH I WAS TOLD TO USE AT INSTALLATION DOES NOT HAVE A CC BUTTON
THE DC60XN DOES NOT HAVE ANY BUTTONS OR A REMOTE
I STARTED THIS EXCHANGE AT 8PM IT'S AFTER 10 NOW AND IF COMCAST CANNOT GET ME CC ON MY TV'S I AM SURE
AT&T WOULD LIKE MY ACCOUNT. ALL I WANT IS CC ADDED TO 2 TV'S INSTALLED BY COMCAST APRIL 2013. I HAVE
HAD GOOD SERVICE FROM COMCAST AND I WANT TO STAY. CALL ME WITH THE TIME OF A SERVICE CALL OR TELL
ME YOU CAN'T DO WHAT I HAVE REQUESTED. DO CALL ME AT(###) ###-####AFTER 9AM AND NO LATER THAN 11PM
Expert:  Louie replied 10 months ago.

The CC button posted earlier is if using the original Samsung remote.

The DC60X?'s remote does not have a CC button but it does have a MENU button. This is the button posted earlier to use to configure the Closed Caption (CC) to be enabled/turned ON.

Have you tried this MENU button please? If yes, were you able to go to "Closed Captioning" feature? ...and then set it to "On"